Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Sharing acts of kindness

I think I am going to stick to this topic for a while.  I'm still pondering Luke 12:7  in the context of kindness.  If I knew that people were of huge value, (ya, I know they are but remind me when someone honks at me for going to slow!)  would I treat them differently?  Would I be kind?  I think it starts with understanding this passage."But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Therefore don’t be afraid. You are of more value than many sparrows." God numbers the hairs of your head like I numbered my children's fingers and toes.  He delights in His children... all of them.  I'm praying again with Brandon heath, "Give me your eyes." God help me to see people as you see them.  Help me to care.

I want to inspire everyone reading this blog to grow in showing kindness.  For that purpose I am sharing things I am starting to do.  Please, join the discussion.  Give me ideas, ways that we all could authentically walk in kindness. 



 Be Kind   IIIIIIIIIIIIIII  Ephesians 4:32  IIIIIIIIIIIIIII  Be Kind

" And be kind to one another, tender hearted, forgiving each other, just as God also in Christ forgave you."

We got our first son when he was a teenager. I love him. He's awesome. He went into the Navy and served for several years.  Before that I had little experience with the armed forces.  After that, I realized the huge risks that are taken every day by our service men.  They have many reasons for joining but are quickly taught that risking their lives, is about protecting their country and the ones they love back home.  That's me... that's you. What an amazing act of kindness!

I travel a bunch.  Flying from airport to airport I see a lot of service men.  Many are in brand new fatigues and I'm thinking they have just started their journey.  When they come fresh out of boot camp they look kind of dazed and maybe a little lost. I can't imagine what each must be feeling, but I want them to feel appreciated.  So when I can, I look them in the eye and say, "Thank you for serving!" Some don't know what to do with me, but more often than not they perk up a little, smile and say, "your welcome!"

*smile*




 Be Kind   IIIIIIIIIIIIIII  Ephesians 4:32  IIIIIIIIIIIIIII  Be Kind

No comments:

Post a Comment