Saturday, July 19, 2014

Learning to look



An Act of kindness… 

Over and over it seems I am the one on the receiving end of kindness instead of the giving end.  Open my eyes LORD! The other day my husband and I went to play a game of racquet ball.  We haven’t played in a long time which explains why, though we packed most of what we needed to play, we forgot to bring a game essential… racquet balls. 

How frustrating!  The courts were far enough away from home that going home to retrieve a ball and returning to play was out of the question.  As I was wandering around the facility looking for options a man noticed I had a dilemma and gave me a ball…  He didn’t loan me a ball, or sell me one.  He just gave me a ball. Sweet guy!

The thing I find inspiring about him is simply that he noticed I was in need.  I wonder... if I were in his shoes, would I have noticed? I feel embarrassed admitting it but I don't think I would have.  I would have been too locked on to my target... sad.

I think the more pain we are in or maybe the more we numb our pain with distractions, the more we lack the capacity to see.  Today, I am taking a break from my usual distractions maybe it will help.
God help me see!

No comments:

Post a Comment