Thursday, March 3, 2016

Awake, sleeper!

I just want to listen, hear from the LORD.  Be still it says, and know the LORD.  Be still... still.  It's not so easy.  When still before the LORD I hear, "Wake up!"  I'm thinking of that passage in Ephesians 5:14

Awake, sleeper,
And arise from the dead,
And Christ will shine on you.”"

It goes on in verse 15-16 to say

"Therefore [j]be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil."

Making the most of your time.  Hmmm, I think that is the call for the day for me.  Making the most of your time.  We are out of work.  I REALLY want a garden this year... I want to plant it and I want to harvest it.  That may seem a weird thing to say but we work contracts.  Most end in October... harvest time.  I spend a lot of time searching out the areas that we might end up in.  Too much time.  What can I do here... today?  How can I make the most of my time?

Today is doing some work for my family but it is also getting off the web and writing, seeking and listening instead.  God knows where we will end up.


No comments:

Post a Comment