Monday, July 25, 2011

The hand of Blessing

It's amazing what we can accomplish when the LORD is on our side! Living out that thing that God created us for is awesome. It's like riding the very top of the wave. It's a rush. It's just plain cool! I love it. There have been times in my life when I could take any blow, survive any trial, because I know I am right where I am supposed to be, right here, right now. There is a blessing in this place that makes all things doable-- or at least tolerable.

But then there are times when nothing goes right. No matter how hard I try to accomplish good things, frustration is the only reward. At times like these I start to wonder if I really heard God at all or if I went off into left field... again. It's a place of darkness and it leaves me feeling lost and alone. It feels like that blessing is fickle and frail.

I'm thinking of Colossians 3:15 where it says, "let the peace of God rule in your hearts." That peace has a message. The word "rule" in that passage is like the umpire in a game who rules what is "safe" and what is "out". I believe that there are times when God removes his hand of blessing to ready us for new beginnings. It is not that He abandons us to our struggle but who would make a change if things were comfortable the way they are? I believe that God removes his hand of blessing just before He delivers our next assignment.

It opens our ears to hear and our hearts to obey with out hesitation.

1 comment:

  1. Living it and agree. Really living it, and each step is such a 'Trust Trip' (the famous words of Mary Anne whom you know).

    ReplyDelete