Sunday, August 21, 2011

Filling the void and the little red hen

I received a correction from my daughter last week. I think it's awesome when she speaks up and tells me what I know is true. I was about to take on something that was outside my gift and call. It's easy to do. It reminds me of the old story of the little red hen who couldn't find anyone else to do it so she did it herself.

I believe that we are gifted with powerful spiritual gifts. Because they are powerful, they can be dangerous in the wrong hands. They are meant to be guided by a wise father. A spiritual gift can be a skilled scalpel or a butcher knife depending on who has control.

With that in mind, I believe it is way important to listen to the LORD'S leading. That to me is our call. It could be a big call like a call to mission work. But you could also feel called to make a phone call or clean house. Walking in the LORD'S leading is an art that I am trying to learn better that's for sure

That's why my daughters correction was such a gift. How delightful to have my kid say, is that what God is leading you to do? Awesome! The answer, no, I got carried away with the urgency and forgot to listen. So, listening now.

God is so tender even when we mess up. I am stepping back yet again and letting Him fill the void instead of me. He is much better at it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment