Friday, April 9, 2021

Finding Hope in Revelations

Have you ever had a really bad day, drug yourself home and then purposely opened the book of Revelations for comfort?  Are there days when you start hoping that "something" might happen, something that will stop tomorrow from simply following today?  

As the world becomes more hmmm angry, or lost maybe?  I find myself turning more often to Revelations hoping to find today in it's pages... somewhere close to the end.  It's not that I have a death wish, it's more that I feel like an outcast in our crazy world.  I feel like the one bright orange  car in a sea of grey ones.  And, I do find comfort in the pages of Revelations.  I believe that Jesus is "The same yesterday, today and forever." Hebrews 13:8  If that is true, then there must be something redemptive about Revelations.  There must be hope written in within it.  

I think we are all drawn to that hope when we drag ourselves back to the book.  Like today, it hit me how significant it is that our prayers are present with God even to the end of this age.  Isn't it amazing that somewhere in the throne room of God there are 24 golden bowls filled to the brim with our prayers. (Revelation 5:8)  My prayers... Your prayers...  Have you ever felt like your prayers bounced off the ceiling and never got any higher?  That couldn't be farther from the truth!  The truth is they have all been collected in golden bowls and are ever present with God.  He breaths them in and is surrounded by them.  Our prayers are His constant companions.  They matter and are important to Him.  Wow!  That's hope! 

So, knowing that God is hearing my prayers... all I can think to say is,  "Please Jesus, come for us! "


No comments:

Post a Comment