Monday, June 7, 2021

The Chosen

 I have been watching the tv series called, "The Chosen".   When I watch, I am amazed at all the things I have never thought about.  It's clear from the scriptures that Jesus traveled about from place to place.  But, where did he sleep?  Where did the disciples sleep?  Did they get along?  Did they know each other before?  What was Jesus able to just say, "follow me!" and the disciples do it?  What was happening in their lives before they left everything.  The tv series called, "The Chosen" can't really answer those questions but it does offer suggestions as to how things might have been.  The thing that stand out to me is how much Jesus was different from His peers, how much ths life stuck out like a sore thumb.  We get a bit of a clue that he was radical in his beliefs and the ractice of His faith. 

There is a line in the show,  Jesus is asking Matthew to follow Him and Simon Petter steps in and tries to explain that Matthew was a tax collector.  He was different, because he betrayed his own people.  Jesus turns to Peter and says, "Get used to different"  I wonder, if Jesus came today, would we choke on His teachings?  Or, would we be so attracted to the truth He was giving that we could not make any other choice but to follow Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment