Thursday, February 18, 2021

I Stand to Wonder...

I stand... on what?  What is important to me?  What is expendable?  I don't think we really know the answer to that until we are tested... really tested.  I had a friend once.  She was very dear to me and I to her.  I'm sure we both thought that we would watch our grandchildren grow up together.  But then a day came when she had a choice.  Stick up for me and pay a huge personal price, or throw me under the bus.  I'm not sure how easy a choice it was for her but she made it without hesitation.  I was crushed under the weight of the bus.

I wonder if we do the same with Jesus.  We are dedicated, live our lives out fully for Him.  But like those disciples that left him when his teaching got hard John 6:51-58.  We dump Him at the first sign of trouble.  Isn't that why Jesus said  it?  To weed out those that would surely throw Him under the bus before they would wrestle with a hard saying?

Where are we?  Do we stand to wonder?  Or stand to judge? 

No comments:

Post a Comment