Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sunshine, a reflection of God's delight

I have been in a rainstorm for maybe a week straight. We were traveling and everywhere we went it was raining or snowing. But today, today the sun is out, the humidity has dropped to a comfortable level, and I can almost hear my plants growing in the garden. :) It reminds me of Psalms 30:5b "Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning." Joy, life, peace somehow those things are in the smell that comes after the rain. I'm sure more storms are coming, but today the birds are obviously happy with what God has served up for us and I agree.

Today I am filled with a sense of God's delight. Sometimes I see Him resting, like he did on the seventh day, sitting back and taking in all that He has made. I see Him delighted in the sound of the birds singing, feeling the wind tickling His back and drinking in the sweet smell of lilacs (which are in full bloom at my house). I see Him looking over at me pulling at the fledgeling weeds in my garden enjoying the sun and fresh air.

If God is light, then the sun is merely a reflection of Him and today I am warmed in His reflection and comforted by His marvelous creation and feeling His delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment