Tuesday, April 12, 2011

One step in the right direction

I got everything on my list done today, everything but the things that seem most important to me. My day started at 6am simply because I couldn’t sleep any later. I cooked, cleaned, ran errands, got a lot accomplished but my head feels like it is about to explode. Is it too full or too empty? I’m not sure. I hear Jesus somewhere in the back of my mind as he says, “And Jesus answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.” Luke 10:41

I don’t really feel “worried and troubled” so much as distracted. This week has been full of so much. It’s been a week of ups and downs, joys and fears. I’m weary and I know that I need to process but sometimes processing takes time I don’t have. What about that God? (listening) Hmmm my head is full of a call to rest. How can you rest in the midst of so much? (listening) Hmmm, over the past month and a half I have been learning more deeply how much God is the one that will bring it about…. I’m not to make it happen, I’m to let it happen. Like resting, it’s not about making time to rest it’s about receiving rest from the LORD. That’s a bit hard to explain. More and more I am seeing that if I am willing to walk in the way the LORD sets before me, He then opens up that way.

It’s like the Israelites as they started to cross the Jordan River into the promise land (Joshua 3:14-17). Nothing happened until they got their feet wet. After the priests stepped into the river, the river dried up before them and they could take the next step. I don’t have to make things happen… I just have to walk in the right direction. I’ve got to admit… sometimes that’s hard enough :)

No comments:

Post a Comment