Gak! I am frustrated! I struggle with sensitivities to most chemicals. In years past it was pretty debilitating but I have learned many ways to cope. One way to cope has been to shop for clothes and bedding at thrift stores thus avoiding fresh flame retardants, stiffeners and wrinkle free additives all of which effect me.
Yesterday I went to a goodwill store to purchase sheets and a blanket. I found a beautiful mostly cotton blanket and a sheet that matches but by the time I got to my car I could feel a reaction coming on. By the time I got home I was feeling pretty desperate. I immediately bathed, changed clothes and washed the blanket twice, once including a significant amount of vinegar. (I hope that works) I then spent the rest of the day in bed shivering and scouring the internet for what might have happened. It seems the bed-bug/lice scare has goodwill spraying their bedding with pesticides *sigh*. I am still shivering this morning and not very motivated. I have been googling how to get pesticides from fabric all I see is to wash it well. I have done that. Why do we do these things to ourselves?
1) (business meeting with God) Gosh, if you don’t let money limit your dreams there is a lot of ideas to consider
3) (Act of Random Kindness) I know from other things in my life that God has had to totally rebuild that it takes time. I am asking God to build into me the eyes to see and the ability to stay on the side of His perspective so that seeing won’t overwhelm me.
4) (Clean something) that toxic blanket totally counts! I think I will stick it outside today :(
5) (Order something)
6) (Book) I bought supplies for sending some books out. Now what I need is the energy to write a letter on introduction.
7) (Family) not much if any
8) (Me) Hmmm God to tell you the truth, I don’t know what this means. What am I to do for me? Isn’t focusing on me the opposite of “seeing” others? (listening) Hmmm the sense I have is that it’s less embarrassing to practice nurturing on yourself! How funny lol. Ok, that does make sense though. How can you offer kindness if you don’t know what “kind” looks like toward you? What would gift me? That’s a tough question.
9) (Ministry) nope
10) (rest) though fitful I was forced to rest yesterday