Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 26 Receiving life in order

This thread started on February 7th and was revamped on Day 22

I have a friend staying with me this week. That is wonderful. I love her sweet spirit and passion for God, but it is showing me that I have no idea how to function in the midst of having a change in the routine. So God, I get that you want me to listen to you and get my instructions for the day there. But I got a list yesterday and was too distracted to even read it! What about that? (listening) Hmmm, I am reminded of a part in the story “Hinds Feet on High Places” where Much-Afraid (the main character) was told to be ready to follow the Chief Shepherd as soon as He gave the whistle. When He whistled she was surrounded by her Fearing family and was too intimidated to flee. Am I intimidated? Not by my friend I don’t think. (Listening) Hmmm, I think maintaining order feels like it might make people feel like kooties (like they are in the way). Hmmm where does that come from God? (listening) Hmmm, I certainly felt in the way in relation to cleaning growing up. I felt like I was “the maker of messes”. That sense of being in the way hurts deep in there. God what about that? (listening) Hmmm I was often given the task of bringing things to order but always by myself. I was never helped to bring order. It feels like God isn’t just giving me a list of things to do but a list of things meant to do together. That feels pretty awesome! Geeze God, do you get frustrated with me when I take so long to get it??? (listening) funny, the sense I have is that He made me… and I’m not malfunctioning *smile*

Yesterday’s report I can’t seem to focus on this part today. I am still in listening mode and I think I am going to stay there for a while.

1) (business meeting with God)

2) (blog)

3) (Act of Random Kindness)

4) (Clean something)

5) (Order something)

6) (Book)

7) (Family)

8) (Me)

9) (Ministry)

10) (rest)

1 comment: