Tuesday, March 22, 2011

His yoke is easy!!!

Wow, I have been blogging everyday (with maybe 3 exceptions) for over 40 days. I feel successful!!!! I’m not known for my constancy. But you know what? This really hasn’t been very hard to do. It was hard to quiet myself at first to listen to God… well there are still a bizzillion distractions that keep me from listening well. But as I have struggled to figure out what was me taking on a “law” and what was God’s intentions for me in this. Wow, *heaving huge sigh of relief!!!* His yoke is easy and His burden is light (Matthew 11:30).

Have you ever used that verse as a measuring stick for figuring out whether what you are hearing is from the LORD or not? Well, is what I heard light? Easy? I wonder… I don’t think it is that things are always easy in and of themselves. Jesus also said that narrow is the way and few there are that find it … but more and more I am realizing that God does not give us a desire without giving provision for its fulfillment

But there’s more on my mind this morning. A lot of my trouble with being constant has to do with chaos. That chaos is often self-inflicted. It’s not that I try to be chaotic. I believe chaos is what happens when people encounter evil and though I had no control over a lot of evil that I have encountered in life. It still brought with chaos with it.

I don’t believe that we were created to know evil. God never intended evil to be a part of our experience. He created us for good and not evil (though I do believe he build into us the ability to cope with the evil we encounter) Like Jeremiah 29:11 says, For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, ' plans for good and not for calamity.

There is that passage in my head again (Colossians 1:17) in Him all things hold together. These 40+ days has been a fleshing out of this verse. As I have focused on listening… my head feels clearer than it has felt in a long time. I still have a long way to go, but my house is also becoming less chaotic as my mind is feeling more, well, stable for lack of a better word. W00t!

No comments:

Post a Comment