Monday, March 14, 2011

Learning to rest... well maybe???

I think after more than a month it is time to change the theme of my blogs… but not really. Though I really do want my eyes opened to the opportunity responding in kindness, it happens not as I try but as I hone my ears to listen.

Today I don’t have the energy to do much of anything. I drug myself through getting all the dishes done. God I don’t have any motivation this morning what about that? (listening) The sense I have is that I am tired. (duh!) Hmmm, you know, I’m not sure I “get” that God calls us to rest sometimes. I’m thinking of that story about Elijah in Kings 19 where Elijah falls asleep under a bush and an angel wakes him up to eat and drink and then he lies down to rest again. I understand that God rested on the 7th day but I am not sure I have room in my world for rest. I read a book once called “When I relax I feel guilty” hmmm.

So God, what does rest look like? (listening) I have a clear picture that computers do are not restful. Well, that makes sense. I don’t like being sucked into the computer craze but it is harder when I am tired. I don’t know how to explain but I am seeing a cycle. I’m tired so I “veg” which often includes checking out the news or whatever on the computer. Which makes me tired…. On and on it goes. I think it’s time for an internet fast. I don’t believe I am to quite blogging or writing in general. I am suppose to write but that only requires a short connection to the internet.

Even so God that doesn’t help me know what rest would look like for me right now. (listening) Hmmm, that feels like all I am to do right now, rest from the flurry of input which adds chaos to my brain. Ok. I’ll report tomorrow what kind of an effect that has on my energy level.

There are other things on my list from God today but they are mostly send off a bill, package up some boxes for shipment, things like that.


1) (business meeting with God)

2) (blog)

3) (Act of Random Kindness)

4) (Clean something)

5) (Order something)

6) (Book)

7) (Family)

8) (Me)

9) (Ministry)

10) (rest)

No comments:

Post a Comment