Tuesday, March 15, 2011

getting lost while attempting to refuel... grrr!

I’m pondering ‘resting’ again today. After a week of engagements on several different levels even my bones are weary. I find myself asking the LORD what resting looks like. How can resting be such a hard concept? I wonder what God did on the day that He “rested”. I’m sure He still kept the universe running. Does that take effort? Or once He set it in motion does it just run by itself? My next question is, there was man by then, did He listen to prayers on that day? Did Adam pray? Or did he just save his questions for when God came down for His evening walk. Did God walk on the day He rested? Sometimes my mind is full of 5 year old questions. But it seems import if we are to imitate God in His resting to know what His resting was like.

So God what is resting? (listening) It feels like His answer to me today is about today only. Resting today, I’m not sure how to do that.

_______________________________

\Well, it’s already evening and resting didn’t happen today. Even my business meeting was cut short. The attack on my attempt to take time to rest feels intentional on the side of the evil one. One crisis turned into another… and then there were the things I actually did plan for the day, all of which seemed important to follow through on. Hmmm I was interrupted even in the pondering or rest. I wonder if satan works so hard to destroy our rest if it has way more power than we give credit for. I will have to ponder that tomorrow.

1) (business meeting with God)

2) (blog)

3) (Act of Random Kindness)

4) (Clean something)

5) (Order something)

6) (Book)

7) (Family)

8) (Me)

9) (Ministry)

10) (rest)

2 comments:

  1. Resting is no easy thing for me either. However, when I am sick, guess what I have to do? Yep, it happens. Glad to see you pondering the whole subject. I am fairly sure God really really really wants you to rest, because you are precious to Him, and so worth it. Oh, maybe when contemplating you can throw in the question, "why did God take a day of rest after his busy week of creation?" Hugs and blessings to you, and a very peaceful rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so get the feeling 'guilty' for resting. I usually need an excuse like being sick. But I find if I don't rest, I'm unsuccessful in many other areas. Rest is different for me for different times...sometimes what I need is sleep...deep sleep. Sometimes I need something to let my brain process on a deeper level...listening to music, spinning, drawing, etc. And then sometimes I need escape from my reality. But, like you, I've found that the media world is not very restful. Reading a book lets my mind be in a different place without atrophying the same way as movie or browsing the web does. I still am struggling to understand this elusive concept of rest as well:-)

    ReplyDelete