Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 34 Receiving Life in Order

My heart is still saddened as I think of the losses in Japan. I get frustrated with the sensational reporting of such a catastrophic event. Pictures of people, you know, someone’s someone, who was overcome by the mountainous waves. Many news sites adding up the numbers… like the bigger the death toll the bigger the story…. Sad.

It’s a little scary too. It’s just that there has been so many such catastrophes in the last few years. Each one has taken its toll and each one brings a measure of instability. It lets me know that we really aren’t as powerful as we think we are, And, it lets me know how desperately dependant I am on a power greater than me.

I can’t imagine what it would be like to have left my town in the morning for parts further south only to find out that there is no place to go home to that afternoon. No town, no neighbors, no home. Oh, Father, touch us all with the reality of the loss. Move us with Your compassion and bring hope and peace to the people of Japan tonight.


1) (business meeting with God)

2) (blog)

3) (Act of Random Kindness)

4) (Clean something)

5) (Order something)

6) (Book)

7) (Family)

8) (Me)

9) (Ministry)

10) (rest)

No comments:

Post a Comment