Thursday, March 17, 2011

A ministry of interuptions

It’s official, resting is impossible. I set my sights on resting yesterday but it was a flurry of very important events just the same. I am thinking of all the times Jesus was interrupted from what seemed like His plan. Even places like Matthew 14:13-14 “When Jesus heard what had happened, (that His cousin John the Baptist was beheaded) he withdrew by boat privately to a solitary place. Hearing of this, the crowds followed him on foot from the towns. When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick.” (Italics mine) We humans can be so insensitive and yet Jesus’ response to being followed as He is trying to gain the space to grieve His loss, was compassion. Pretty cool! I did by the way get rest yesterday. It wasn’t in the form I had planned but I did have time…

1) (business meeting with God)

2) (blog)

3) (Act of Random Kindness)

4) (Clean something)

5) (Order something)

6) (Book)

7) (Family)

8) (Me)

9) (Ministry)

10) (rest)

No comments:

Post a Comment