Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 31 Receiving Life in Order

I have no real excuse for not blogging yesterday unless having a lot of confusion, horrific world events and lots of busy people in my life or… just not wanting to counts. I am physically exhausted today and maybe in shock with the rest of the world about what has happened to the people in Japan. It amazes me how something that happened way on the other side of the world can impact boats and people on our own shoreline. Perhaps it’s good sometimes to be reminded of how much we can not control. Sometimes that knowledge frightens me. Sometimes it lets me know how much I need God.

Today I am sitting in my warm house with the fire crackling while the wind blowing outside is more than chilly. I am blessed. My heart is full of prayer for those who can not say the same tonight especially those in Japan. There are certain things that we take for granted. We fully expect the sun to come up every morning and for the earth under our feet to remain so. But there is only one constant.

According to the USGS the main island of Japan moved 8 feet to the east during the March 11 earthquake. It is hard to imagine that a whole island can simply move. But it makes Revelations 6:14 seem possible “The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.”

No comments:

Post a Comment